I am very happy to announce that my first book “SQL Server 2014 Development Essentials” has now been published by Packt Publishing.
SQL Server 2014 Development Essentials is an easy-to-follow yet comprehensive guide that is full of hands-on examples, which you can follow to successfully design, build, and deploy mission-critical database applications with SQL Server 2014. You can view and download the table of contents, sample chapter, code files and the preface of this title on Packt Publishing website here.
Who this book is for?
If you are a database developer, architect, or administrator who wants to learn how to design, implement, and deliver a successful database solution with SQL Server 2014, then this book is for you. This book will provide you with all the skills you need to successfully create, design, and deploy databases using SQL Server 2014. You will also learn how to add, modify, and delete data stored within a database. You will use Transact-SQL statements to create and manage advanced database objects that include scalar and table-valued functions, views, stored procedures, and triggers. Finally, you will learn about how SQL Server works, how indexes and statistics improve query performance, and the new SQL Server 2014 in-memory technologies.
From this book, you will learn:
- Get introduced to SQL Server 2014′s new in-memory database engine
- Understand SQL Server database architecture and relational database design
- Use joins, subqueries, CTEs, and windowing functions to write advanced Transact-SQL queries
- Learn about tools that let you monitor SQL Server database performance
- Identify and troubleshoot blocks or deadlocks that might slow down a system
- Design, create, and manage advanced database objects that include scalar and table-valued functions, views, stored procedures, and triggers
- Use SQL Server 2014′s structured error handling blocks to handle errors that occur in the Transact-SQL batches and programmable objects