Another potential problem that you need to tackle as a DBA is running out of disk space on the hard disk that contains
tempdb.This is because SQL Server makes extensive use of tempdb when:
- Tracking versions for row-versioning concurrency.
- Performing bulk load operations on tables with triggers enabled.
- Rebuilding an index with
- Variables of LOB data types.
- Storing intermediate query results, for example, during joins, aggregates, or sorts.
- Service broker dialog information.
- Caching temporary objects and tables.
- Storing inserted and deleted tables in triggers.